Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
1-Description of the NONPF Core Competencies
2-Description of the APN Leader Interviewed
3-Analysis of the discussed APN competencies
b. Description of the NONPF NP Core Competencies
c. Description of the Interview with the APN. (MAKE IT UP).
d. Analysis of the discussed APN competencies
1-Questions to Ask during Interview
how long have you been practicing as a NP
2- How many hours do you work?
3-Do you find your work rewarding?
4-How many patients do you see on a daily basis?
5- What do you find most important when performing patient teaching?
6- Do other nurses respect your position (RNs).?
7-Will you attempt to get your PHD?
8- Is there any advice you can give for a new NP?
PREPARING THE PAPER
The following are best practices for preparing this project paper:
1. Review the NONPF Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies.
2. Identify an APN with whom to conduct an interview. The APN should practice in one of the following roles: CNS, CNP, CNM, or CRNA.
3. When conducting the interview, be sure to identify appropriate background information regarding the interviewee (who, what, where, when, and why).
4. Discuss the APN core competencies with the interviewee. Be sure to identify appropriate details including relevant practice examples gleaned from the APN leader.
5. When analyzing the discussed APN competencies, be sure to fully address each APN competency discussed in terms of original source and leader’s application to APN role (i.e., Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies [NONPF, 2011]).
6. Conclude the paper with a summary of the main points covered in the paper and the benefits of meeting the competencies within the APN role.