The problem with Nāgārjuna, Does he destroy the Buddhist path?
Write a project that engages either a central theme in Nāgārjuna’s writings or an individual work of Nāgārjuna’s:
An individual project is a written piece of work on a theme or topic negotiated with a member of staff. It involves the independent generation of a research question, which has to be agreed by the tutor responsible. It must treat the question and show critical awareness of competing interpretive frameworks and theoretical perspectives.
It must include significant independent research using books, journals, internet sources and, where if appropriate, visiting places of worship and interviewing practitioners. It may be presented as an essay but can include visual material, appendices, etc. It must contain references and a bibliography.
Possible study areas:
1. The problem with Nāgārjuna, Does he destroy the Buddhist path?
2. An analysis of any of Nāgārjuna’s writing.
3. Nāgārjuna in the wider context of Buddhist philosophy.
4. Nāgārjuna and the Abhidharma.
5. Describe Madhyamaka philosophy.
6. Madhyamaka and early Buddhist philosophy.
7. Can Madhyamaka lead to an ethical life?
8. Nāgārjuna and the problem of ‘views’.
9. Describe the works of Nāgārjuna.
10. Can you argue with Nāgārjuna?
Click here for further assistance on this assignment
The post The problem with Nāgārjuna, Does he destroy the Buddhist path? appeared first on Apax Researchers.