|PSB254SAM: Business Management|
This assessment is aim providing you with an appreciation and in-depth understanding of the key and practical issues in management within organizations. These areas will include the role management plays within an organization, the development and motivation of people and the management of a culturally diverse workforce.
You need to conduct an in-depth analysis of a recognized organization of your choice on various aspects of its operations. You shall apply the relevant management concepts / theories learnt in this module to discuss the chosen organization operations and performance.
The report shall be structured in the following way:
1. Introduction (overview of report and justifications of chosen organization)
2. Scope of business and organizational structure
3. The various levels of management and functions of the chosen organization
4. Leadership style of the CEO / senior management and impact on the organizational performance
5. Organizational culture type and implications on employee behaviors
6. HRM system with focus on HRD policies and practices
7. The chosen organization’s diversity management policies and practices
9. Reflection (150 words) – what did you learn about this organization in terms of how the management lead the organization and how it offered you a valuable lesson in management practices
Sources of references used to prepare this report may include the company annual report, press, consultancy reports, journal articles or other relevant sources. Avoid using unreliable sites such as Wikipedia or paid essay sites.
The report will be graded based on the following criteria:
1. Ability to critically evaluate the role and impact of management within an organization.
2. Ability to analyze and evaluate the varying types and levels of management within an organization.
3. Ability to identify key principles related to the management and development of people within organizations.
4. Ability to demonstrate self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business and management issues.
5. Overall presentation (format) in writing a report including keeping to the Harvard Referencing system