Choose 1 of the 2 attached articles or a combination of the two if it helps
Write a critique of the article that incorporates the concepts learned in this course.
1. Qualitative Research Method and the Research Problem
2. Qualitative Research Designs
3. Case Study and Phenomenology
4. Ethnography, Grounded Theory, and Other Designs
5. Qualitative Research Procedures and Participant Selection
6. Research Ethics and Qualitative Analysis
Using complete paragraphs and APA formatting, identify and explain the following in the critique of your selected article:
• Full citation of the article.
• Introduction – Write an introductory paragraph that includes a thesis statement and background information related to the problem.
• Problem statement – Use the scripted statement to identify and analyze the stated problem for completeness. this framework must be used for your assignment response. Use one sentence for each of the following:
1. Hook: An attention-grabbing statement that is supported by the literature.
2. Anchor: Evidence of the problem statement that includes a statistic and is supported by primary research.
3. A statement of the general business problem.
4. A statement of the specific business problem.
This script is helpful to (a) frame the problem, (b) validate that it exists with verifiable data, and (c) identify why and for whom the problem matters .
NOTE: this framework must be used for your assignment response.
• Purpose of the study – Use the purpose statement to identify possible weaknesses in the stated purpose.
The purpose of this qualitative study is _________________ . A qualitative study design will be used in which narrative data will be collected and analyzed to _________. These data will represent ____________ . Qualitative data will be gathered exploring _____________ from _________ at _________. The reasons for using this form of data to ________ data, is to develop an in-depth understanding of ____________________.
• Research question – Remember that qualitative research questions are how or why queries.
• Methodology and design – Explain why the qualitative method was best for this investigation and rationalize why other designs would not be appropriate. Identify the chosen design and why other designs would not work.
• Research ethics – Based on your progress with the CITI modules and assigned readings, identify ethical considerations associated with qualitative research and proffer solutions or processes to minimize risk to participants that the article does not address.
• Analysis – Provide a comprehensive analysis of the research data collection and analysis procedures. Be sure to support with research that explains these data collection and analysis procedures were the most appropriate for each study.
• Other procedures – Discuss other data collection and analysis procedures that could have also worked for the study, based on research regarding data collection and analysis procedures.
• Conclusion – Conclude with an assessment of the overall quality of the article.
Length: 3-5 pages