The purpose of this assignment is to:
L01: Understand the types of estimation used in the construction industry.
L02: Understand analysis of rates used in the construction industry.
L03: Understanding various excavation types.
L04: Understand different methods of taking out estimates.
L05: Understanding different methods of valuations.
1. You are the quantity surveyor of your company and recently your company is taking part in the tender to build a single story house. Based on the following tender drawing and table you calculate the following using center line method:
Description of work
Excavation for foundation
Concrete in foundation
Brick work in cement mortar
2nd step 3rd step
Interior-Plastering works ( deduct at doors and windows)
Brick works volume from ground floor level to ceiling level
a. Earth work for foundation volume
b. Lime concrete volume in foundation
c. Brick work with cement mortar volume
d. Interior-Plastering works ( deduct at doors and windows)
e. Brick works volume from ground floor level to ceiling level (25 marks)
2. Calculate the number of cement bags, sand & aggregate for M 20 (1:1.5:3) & M15 (1:2:4) concrete having a volume of 19 m3 & 35 m3 respectively.
Calculate the sand & cement requirements for 2 m3 of CM 1:6 & CM 1:4
Estimate the quantity of earthwork for a portion from the following data:
3. Prepare a lead statement for the following items: –
Rate at source
Lead in KM
Conveyance charges $ per KM
Cess charges $
$2500/ 1 TONS
40mm HBG metal
The formation level starts at RL 210.000 and the chainage length assumes 30m. The proposed road shall be at the falling gradient of 1 in 30. The side slope shall be 2:1 and the width of the road shall be 10m. Use the Mid-section rule, Trapezoidal rule & Prismoidal rule.
4. Estimate the quantity of earthwork for a portion from the following data:
5. Prepare an estimate for a proposed commercial complex for a private owner and following are the given data:-
a. Plinth area-1500 m2/floor
b. Height of each floor- 4m
c. No of storeys-G+5
d. Cubical content rate- S$32/m3
Provided the below are the percentage of the structured cost
a. Water supply & Sanitary- 4.5% for each of them
c. Fluctuation rates- 5%
d. Contractor profit-12%
e. Petty supervision- 4%
6. What are the various methods of valuation and briefly explain
7. Briefly explain various types of excavation works with pictures
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
The post DCE003: You are the quantity surveyor of your company and recently your company is taking part in the tender to build a single story house: ESTIMATION AND COSTING Assignment appeared first on Singapore Assignment Help.