For this assessment, you will complete an evidence-based patient-centered needs assessment of prospective health care technology that will improve patient engagement. You will write a 4–5 page paper explaining the process and considerations that went into completing the patient needs assessment.
Develop a 4–5 page patient-centered needs assessment to demonstrate how to leverage health care technology to improve patient engagement and outcomes for a specific patient population. This could focus on a disease or a disorder based on the best available evidence that has been individualized to treat your patient’s health, economic, and cultural needs.
The bullet points below correspond to the grading criteria in the rubric. Be sure that your paper addresses all of the bullets below, at minimum. If you are having a difficult time choosing a topic, review the Healthy People 2030 topics and try to find a topic that is interesting and relevant to you.
· Identify the importance of addressing patient engagement in the management of a patient’s specific health, economic, and cultural needs based on the best available evidence.
o Why is patient engagement necessary to ensure that patients are better able to manage their specific health conditions?
o What evidence in the current literature(within the last 5 years) supports the benefit of patient engagement?
· Explain the potential use and impact of information and communication technology tools needed to improve consumer health literacy for a specific patient population.
o Consider what type of health care technology modalities are useful to improve consumer health literacy
o Are there mobile applications, telehealth features, or other technology that can facilitate improving patient care?
· Evaluate the value and relevance of the technology modalities that may be used to address the needs identified in the patient population assessment.
o How does each proposed technology modality encourage patient engagement in an ethical, culturally sensitive, and inclusive way?
o Ensure that your strategies:
§ Promote honest communications.
§ Facilitate sharing only the information you are required and permitted to share.
§ Enable you to make complex medical terms and concepts understandable to your patient and their family regardless of language, abilities, or educational level.
o Consider how health information exchange and interoperability of technology modalities contribute to their value.
· Identify innovative strategies for leveraging technology to support quality, ethical, and efficient patient care that is culturally and linguistically appropriate for the identified patient population.
o Consider how the selected technology impacts the patient in the most efficient way.
o Is the selected technology culturally and linguistically appropriate?
· Explain how the proposed strategies will mitigate the risk of adverse outcomes due to inequity in access to patient personal health data and technology modalities.
o What are potential risks that could lead to adverse outcomes for certain members of the population?
o How will those risks be mitigated?
o How have your proposed strategies been used previously to address iniquities and risks?
· Convey purpose of the assessment narrative in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly communication standards.
· Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
Length of narrative: 4–5 double-spaced, typed pages. Your narrative should be succinct yet substantive.Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans. Current source materials are no older than five years unless they are seminal works. Be sure you are citing evidence to support that your information is evidence based.APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.