PAINTING ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Adobe Photoshop CC is a powerful tool that can allow users to create an almost limitless number of design projects. In this course, we will focus on learning how to apply the basic features of this software through a series of projects that are outlined in the course textbook. Because this is an introductory course, we are not aiming for full mastery of the software; rather, we want to focus on foundational knowledge that you can build on once the course is complete.
The projects in this course are directed by following along with the textbook reading. As you read through the course assigned reading, you will use the lesson files provided and work through the project with the text.
For the Advanced Compositing and Painting Assignment, you are to complete the lesson projects from chapters 9 and 10. Begin by downloading the required files (linkd in the course textbook at the start of each chapter). You will complete 2 directed Photoshop projects:
1. Advanced Compositing: Chapter 9 of Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book
2. Painting with the Mixer Brush: Chapter 10 of Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book
As you work on this assignment, keep in mind the scope of this introductory course. You are learning basic skills that you will then apply for your final project. Also, please note that some chapters include an “Extra Credit” section at the end of the project – this portion is not required as part of the work that you submit for grading; however, you are welcome to use this section to further your own personal learning, if you wish.
Once you have completed your Photoshop projects, please submit your work. You will have two files for Chapter 10
1. Save the Chapter 9 project as a PSD file as “YourLastname_YourFirstname_INFT127_CH_9.”
2. Save the Chapter 10 projects as PSD files as “YourLastname_YourFirstname_INFT127_CH_10_MIXING.” “YourLastname_YourFirstname_INFT127_CH_10_PAINTING.”
3. Submit the files to the appropriate submission link for this assignment.