5-2 Paper: Literature Review and Methodology on HIG
This assignment is intended to help you learn to do the following:
• Review extant literature, as it relates to the gaps identified in the current state of health information governance.
• Defend the choice of methodology to tackle the health information governance gaps identified.
Upon successful completion of the assignment, you should have developed the skills that meet some of the course learning outcomes in being able to:
1. Examine the strategic value of enterprise information in healthcare settings.
2. Develop policies and procedures that promote enterprise-wide creation, dissemination, and use of quality information.
3. Recommend appropriate controls to guard against risks to healthcare information.
4. Implement strategic level policies, processes, and controls for healthcare information and decision making.
Use the uploaded APA Literature Review Template to complete this assignment :follow it closely
1. Read the course materials in Module 5 Preparation.
1. In a 4- to 7-page paper, complete the following:
a. Identify 3 research papers or articles that you used when conducting your research on the current state of information governance in healthcare for previous essays/papers in this course thus far. Do not re-use the same writings from your previous essays.
b. Summarize the methodology and results for each.
c. Synthesize the arguments in these articles, noting any common themes and gaps in the research.
d. Identify a reasonable and valuable next step to advance the literature on this topic, i.e. what topics, populations, or methodologies should be investigated next?
2. literature review must contain at least (3)three articles. The articles selected must be academic research papers. DO NOT include blog posts or wiki sources.
3. As you conduct your research, note the relevance of key governance topics, such as, but not limited to, the following:
a. the strategic value of enterprise information in healthcare settings
b. policies and procedures that promote enterprise-wide creation, dissemination, and use of quality information
c. the importance and types of appropriate controls to guard against risks to healthcare information
d. strategic-level policies, processes, and controls utilized for healthcare information and decision making
4. Compose your paper using the supplied/uploaded Literature Review Template. Include your name, the assignment name, the course and section number, and the date. Cite ALL sources according to APA format. Be sure to include references properly cited using APA. Apply appropriate APA headings and subheadings for each prompt.
5. Your work will automatically be checked by Turnitin.
**** Please provide 5-6 Scholarly references from sites ending with .org/doi/edu. Please include the URL’s at the end of each reference on the reference list. (3) of the references can be from the (3) scholarly articles used.
***** Apply appropriate APA headings and subheadings for each prompt.
**** Please write paper in APA 7 standards
**** Please follow the Module 5 blue hyperlink above in Action Items for specific module preparation items. You may need my Franklin user information. It will be uploaded as always.
****Please see uploaded grading rubric for this assignment
****Please answer questions/area in red italics.
****Feel free to use the Franklin University Library to find 3 research articles to use. Highly recommend this****
****This is the biggest assignment and worth the most points in this entire class (250 points) total. This is also the only assignment for this week.
Just a reminder that your literature review must contain at least three articles. The articles selected must be academic research papers. DO NOT include blog posts or wiki sources. Here are a few helpful links:
Writing a Literature Review- Short Video from USU (Links to an external site.)
Franklin University- DHA Literature Review Guide
**Please see uploaded 5-2 Paper Actions Items word doc for assignment specifics****
***Literature Review template is uploaded as well. Please use that template
The postappeared first on .