assignment will include the following criteria:
1. Complete a Genetic Family History Form
on an individual/patient of choice and attach as an appendix.
2. Construct a genogram and attach as
3. Provide an explanation of the
genogram by interpreting the family history.
4. Discuss patterns of the disease
focusing on a single disorder/condition.
5. Research the literature on the
inheritance and risk of the disorder/condition/trait.
6. Discuss factors complicating the
interpretation, the overall risk of genetic disorder/condition/trait, and
identify additional information needed.
7. The scholarly paper should be 2-3
pages excluding the title, reference pages, and appendices.
8. Attach the Genetic Family History and the Genogram
as two separate appendices to the paper.
9. Include an introductory paragraph,
purpose statement, and a conclusion. Refer to APA manual to properly title the
level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
minimum of two (2) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to
support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five
(5) years old. The course textbook may be one of the references.
is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and
The postfirst appeared on .