Word Limit: 1600 words (+/- 10%)
Assignment Format: Word doc or PDF
Assessment Criteria: Marking Rubric – 2023 HSH113 AT3 Marking Rubric
This assessment requires you to explore the use of the concepts/perspectives that we have covered in the unit in current municipal/council Public Health and Wellbeing Plans. To start with you need to pick ONE plan to focus your assessment on, the options for 2023 are:
– Greater Dandenong Health and Wellbeing Plan – Greater Dandenong Council Plan XXXXXXXXXX
You then need to provide:
– An Introduction
– An outline of the plan. This discussion should include the geographical area, the demographics and/or characteristics of this area, and an overview of the health priority areas in the plan.
– Discuss ONE social perspective that the plan draws on (i.e. gender lens/perspective, intersectionality, cultural diversity, social inclusion). This section should discuss the benefits of this perspective for health and wellbeing, and how it fits/aligns with the health priority areas, characteristics and/or demographics of the plan.
– Discuss ONE social perspective that could be added to the plan. This section should discuss the benefits of this perspective for health and wellbeing, and how it fits/aligns with the health priority areas, characteristics and/or demographics of the plan.
– Discuss ONE of the priority health areas/goals in the plan. This section should include discussion of why this is a health priority area at the community and population level highlighting links with either the UN SDGs or social policy.
– Discuss TWO intersecting factors (i.e. class, gender, ethnicity) and how they can impact the experience of the health priority area for individuals or communities