For faster services, inquiry about new assignments submission or follow ups on your assignments please text us/call us on +1 (251) 265-5102
ACCT-361: Accounting Information System Development Project Application of Business Processes and Embedded Controls
This is an individual project that requires the development of an event-driven IT application prototype for a business process in your assigned industry. The project will conclude in a demonstration of your working database.
The objective of the project is to:
• Apply the cumulative instruction provided in this course to a final project that integrates your understanding of the course material and the database management skills presented throughout the semester.
• Increase understanding of how technology affects organizations, and the varying information needs of different industries; and
• Increase understanding of how the use of technology and the knowledge of business processes can help accounting professionals produce and deliver more valuable information.
Steps of the Project:
Using the information from course module material and the Access techniques learned in the Controls lab, Forms lab, Tables labs, Query labs, and Report lab, create the AIS database for your company’s partial sales/collection cycle. Use the following steps to work through completing your database:
1. (MS Word) Create the Logical model for your company from the REA model given for this project. This is Assignment 2. Make sure the names of your table and the attributes of the tables are customized to your assigned industry. Do not use “Item# or “Sales Clerk” primary key names – be creative and have the names fit your industry. Also collect data on your customers which fit the needs of your industry.
2. (Access) From the Logical model:
• Start with a new (blank) access database (DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COMPLETED OR PARTIALLY COMPLETED ACCESS DATABASE AND MAKE ALTERATIONS) and create all tables, complete with required attributes; primary keys, foreign keys, and non-key attributes for each of the business events (including resources, agents) using a new Microsoft Access database.
3. (Access) Invoke real-time information risk controls. Your new tables should have the following internal controls implemented (see Controls Lab)
• the Now Date for the Date field in your operating event tables
• Auto number as the data type for the primary key for each of your two Operating event tables (see video about Auto number in Course Resources for system project folder)
• Use input masks for the Zip Code, SS#, State abbreviation, and phone number in the tables containing these non-key attributes
4. (Access) Establish Referential integrity (Tables Lab)
5. (Access) Complete your database.
• Create one form for each operating event to record a new instance of that event (see Forms Lab)
• Create one form for each resource and agent table. This is to allow adding a new resource or agents to the table via a form . Use this form to populate at least 10 records for each resource or agent table.
• Create a main menu to be shown when your database opens (Controls Lab)
• Create a submenu form for each operating event. These menu and submenu forms will help organize your system and allow access restrictions by making them password protected. A user of your system must be able to access all forms and reports using menus and not the database objects window. (Controls Lab)
• Test the accuracy of your prototype. This will require you to use your operating event forms to add new records to each operating event table. There should be a minimum of 10 operating events for each operating event table created.
• Password protect your database using the password: klam
• Require a password before allowing access to your database (Controls Lab)
• Hide the navigation pane from users (Controls Lab)
• Create a minimum of two reports. Required Reports are:
o Sales by Customer Report (Query Lab)
o EQOH Report listing EQOH by total number of items and total dollar amount of items
(EQOH = Ending Inventory in US Dollars) (Query Lab)
• Add custom logos, color, graphics, design to your database as desired.
GET ALL YOUR ACADEMIC HELP AT ESSAYLINK.NET