250 word answers per question along with 2 scholarly cited sources per question, APA format
Journal Assignment #2 Questions
1. What is your prediction about the state of health care in the United States fifty years from now? Do you think that government will have a larger or smaller role in providing care? What do you think are the specific changes needed to improve the health of the U.S. population?
2. Looking ahead fifty years, do you think government will control a larger or smaller share of the U.S. economy compared with today? What level of government control of the economy do you think would be in the best interest of the country? Why?
3. What specific changes to work and the workplace do you expect to see fifty years from now? What types of work will be more common? What types of work will be lost? Will our nation be more prosperous than it is today? What do you expect to be tomorrow’s economic problems?
4. In what specific ways do you expect families fifty years from now to differ from families today? What changes in family life would you support? Explain why the changes you identify would make society better.
5. The performance of schools in the United States—especially public schools—is controversial. What specific changes or policies would you suggest that would raise the academic performance of U.S. students? Explain why or how each policy would improve schooling in the future.
6. Generally speaking, do you think life in our cities is getting better or worse? Why? What specific policies would you support in the effort to improve the cities of tomorrow? Explain how and why your suggestions would improve urban life.
7. What do you see as the future of global inequality? Fifty years from now, do you think that global inequality will be greater or lesser than it is now? Why? What specific policies would you support in pursuit of a better world?
8. Looking ahead fifty years, do you think that problems involving the natural environment will become greater or smaller? Why? What specific policies would you support in pursuit of your vision of a better world?
9. Looking ahead fifty years, do you expect the world will have more or less military conflict? Why? What specific changes to our global way of life would you support in the pursuit of peace?