Your site supervisor at RCCC wants your help to secure agency funding for a career development program to serve your clients and community. You will design a career development program plan to be reviewed by the administration at the RCCC for funding consideration.
In this assignment, you will identify a diverse population for whom you need to design a career development program.
The following are examples of populations that may be used:
· Specific racial minorities or ethnic groups.
· Individuals from specific religious affiliations.
· Different generations in the workforce.
· Veterans or military families.
· People with a particular disability or mental disorder.
· LGBTQI+ individuals.
· People who were previously incarcerated.
· At-risk youth.
· International refugees/asylees.
· People with limited English proficiency.
Be creative and explore a population about which you know little and/or want to learn more. Your population can be situated in a hypothetical agency, school, or counseling center.
Using the Career Development Program Plan Template [DOCX] Download Career Development Program Plan Template [DOCX], address the following:
· Define the diverse population, its characteristics, and its needs related to career development (one page).
· Career Development Program Planning (one page).
o Program goal: What is the overarching goal of your program?
o Objectives: Write three measurable objectives to meet the needs of your population.
o Address how the program will be delivered (face-to-face or online/group or individual/frequency [how many sessions] and duration [number of days/weeks/etc.] of program).
o Define personnel and budget needs.
o Describe how you will promote the career program to target relevant participants.
· Career Development Program Implementation (1–2 pages).
o Detail the timeline for your program, session topics, and specific strategies/activities.
o Use the table in the provided template to ensure all aspects of program implementation are met.
· Career Development Program Evaluation (0.5 page).
o How will you measure the effectiveness of your career development program?
§ Process-oriented data: Include an objective assessment that clients would take to measure progress towards your identified objectives. Utilize information from Week 4 on Assessment. (School counseling learners – ASCA refers to this as perception data.)
§ Outcome data: Include how you will measure results on a larger, long-term scale.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of grammar, spelling, and format errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. You may reference the Capella Writing Center: Evidence and APA.
· Length of paper: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages of content, in addition to the references page.
o About one page for defining your chosen diverse population.
o About one page for program planning.
o About one to two pages for program implementation.
o About half a page for program evaluation.
· References: A minimum of three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point