Writing: Innovative Benefits Practice Assignment Instructions
Building on the last discussion, conduct research to identify examples of innovative benefit practices. A great example is SAS, Inc. A useful starting point is an Internet search using phrases such as “best companies to work for.” What are some of the more innovative benefits practices that you found? Search for research articles examining any two of these innovative benefits. What did you find about their influence on employee retention, engagement, or satisfaction? Beyond those three outcomes how are employee benefits being used in a broader strategic sense. For instance, how might we use out benefits to reflect the type of organizational culture we want our employeesto experience.
Now, imagine you hold a decision-making position for an organization. We are in what we believe to be at least a 3 year slow down. How might you suggest making adjustments to our benefits offering that brings the best in cost reduction but the least in terms of damage to morale?
Respond to the discussion questions provided in an essay format. The assignment requires 3–4 full pages and at least 5 scholarly resources to substantiate your position in your answer. You must carefully read the requirements below noting the expectations beforehand. These exercises are meant to foster your comprehensive research and writing skills.
The specific requirements are asfollows:
· As a graduate student, the expectation is quite high for your required quality and effort. Your work must be written near the standard and quality of journals and other published materials.
· Cover page, abstract, reference page, and appendices do not count toward the minimum page length requirement.
· At least 5 scholarly sources are required.
· Use the current APA manual to ensure that you correctly cite your sources and quotations.
· The use of sources such as Wikipedia, Investopedia, blogs, personal, consulting or corporatewebsites are discouraged and will not count toward the required5 references.
· Use of term paper or solutions-type websites is not allowed and will be treated according to the terms of academic honesty requirements.
· Do not write in question/answer format (e.g., Using each question as a heading or sub-heading in your paper); you will receive an automatic 30% deduction if you do. Instead, use the questions to guide and form your paper.
Note: Meeting the minimum specifications will result in the minimum passing grade. You are expected to provide an in-depth, analytical review of the topic. Assignments that do not meet the minimum criteria will not receive a passing grade.